8 Days/7 Nights South Africa Tour for the Blind & Visually Impaired
The Kruger National Park
The Lowveld Botanical Gardens
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Matsamo Cultural Village
DAY 1: MEET & GREET
Arrive at the Kruger Mpumalanga International airport where your guide will meet and greet then take you to your hotel. No other activities are scheduled for this day.
DAY 2: LOWVELD NATIONAL BOTANICAL GARDEN AND SUDWALA CAVES
The Lowveld National Botanical Garden is known for its more than 650 tree and plant species indigenous to South Africa as well as its ancient cycads and a variety of shrubs.
DAY 3: VISIT THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Today you will engage with the wonders of nature in a sensory and sensual way. The areas to be visited support one of the greatest floral diversities in the Kruger Park. This is because of the high rainfall and geological habitat, and here there are trees that occur nowhere else. The touch and feel Braille Trail with guide ropes and Braille signboards goes around the edges of Berg-en-Dal campsite, and you can enjoy this unique floral diversity. While in the Kruger Park, you will also visit an indigenous plant nursery at Skukuza camp where you will learn about the various uses of South Africa’s indigenous plants for medicine, culinary and skin care.
DAY 4: VISIT MOHOLOHOLO WILDLIFE REHABILITATION CENTRE and ELEPHANT WHISPERS
The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is a home to many of South Africa’s abandoned, injured and poisoned wildlife. The Centre focuses on wildlife education where visitors get first-hand information about problems that wildlife is facing in general. Guests are also able to get an ‘up close and personal’ experience.
Elephant Whispers will offer you the thrill of close encounters with the Majestic African Elephant. You will witness their intelligence, compassionate nature and the sheer delight experienced by elephants when interacting with their human counterparts.
DAY 5: THE SUGAR TRAIL & A VISIT TO THE LOCAL CENTRE FOR THE BLIND
On this day, the guests will wake up from the enchanting bushveld lodge surrounded by a sugarcane plantation and set in beautifully landscaped gardens and waterside view. The activities of the day are divided into three sessions:
- During the morning sunrise session, you will have the choice to go on horse-back or walk through a sugarcane plantation, learning about sugar processing then end up by the banks of the Crocodile River where you will taste sugarcane and enjoy fresh bush breakfast under an old wild fig-tree with greater opportunity to hear rare and exotic sounds from the free-roaming birds that visit the area.
- The mid-day session consists of a visit a local Centre the Blind and Visually Impaired. This will be the perfect moment to meet and interact with the locals while doing their daily chores like sawing, beading and basket-making. We also encourage visitors to also prepare something that they can share with the locals in the form of songs, dance, essential skills and even donations.
- During the afternoon sunset session, you will still have the choice to go on horse-back or walk to the banks of the Crocodile River. You will enjoy Cocktail and snacks in the bush before your scrumptious dinner at the Lodge.
DAY 6: VISIT THE GEO-TRAIL
Today you will visit the Geo-Trail in the Barberton Makhonjwa Mountainland. This site is geologically known as the Barberton Greenstone Belt. The mountains contain some of the ancient rocks on earth. In 2018, the area was officially declared World Heritage site by UNESCO. With the help of Braille and a knowledgeable local Guide, you will be taken back in time to more than 3 million years.
The final stop today will consist of a tour of the mine in the nearby town of Barberton where you will have the opportunity to touch the oldest Gold and ancient fossils on earth. You will also do Gold-panning while listening to stories of gold mining in the area.
DAY 7: MATSAMO CULTURAL VILLAGE
The village is described as a living museum of old traditions where visitors are introduced to authentic local culture through age-old folk songs, rhythmic dance performances and music with authentic African instruments, as well as traditional local cuisine. You will spend your time interacting with the villagers as they go about their daily chores; cultivating their crops, preparing traditional food and fashioning beautiful craft works. End the visit to the village with a drumming and dance lesson.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE
After breakfast and check out, your transfer vehicle will take to the airport for your journey back home
INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE
• Transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and back on the day of departure
• Daily transfer from hotel to activity areas
• Accommodation on sharing basis
• Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
• All entrance/conservation fees
• The service of professional/specialist Guides
• Horse riding (optional)
• Sugarcane and Wine or Gin Tasting
EXCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
• Airline tickets
• Travel insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Items of personal nature
• A minimum of 10 pax is required for the tour to go ahead
• The maximum number people we are able handle per event is 20 pax
• We work on the premise that every Blind person on the trip will be accompanied by a sighted companion and that they will be willing to share accommodation (2 twin beds or 1 double bed in a room)
• We are flexible to accommodate more sighted persons even if they are not accompanying anybody
• Please refer to our website www.ntwananosafaris.com for more details about our tours and safaris.
• CONTACT: SERTORIO @ +27 82 970 9188 or email@example.com
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY REQUEST